Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 6: Tourist day

This morning after we got back from our home stay we had a miny worship/Bible reflection on our nights and our trip thus far.  I won't go into that now, I'll include that in my final wrap up blog post.   We drove through some of the farming country to see the conditions the labor are living in.  Let's just say they call it the concrete jungle, because it's essentially noting but cinderblocks.  Needless to say the conditions are atrocoius. 

Then we played tourist for the day.  We went to La Bufadora, which litterally means, blow hole. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Bufadora  It's pretty interesting so I attached a link so you can check it out.  You have to walk about a mile to get to the site, but the road there is lined with venders selling food and crafts and clothing and stuff.  I guess it would be similar to the boardwalk but on both sides of the street.  We ate at a restaurant called Havana Cobanna.  Yes in no Havana is in Cuba and I'm in Mexico, but I didn't name the restaurant, I just ate there.  I had an enchillada, which was ok, and a Pina Colada (minus the umbrella).  Along the street they were selling Churros, which were delicious, however they are not a native Mexican dish.  Either way they were good. 

It was a relatively slow day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment