Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We're on our way!!!

As the plane bounces around at about 15,000 feet I can't help but reflect on the bumps in my life that somehow led me to this mission trip to Mexico and Seminary for that matter.  I would have never imagined any of this. 

Just to highlight the changes, Camden's mother returned from Mexico yesterday, and I'm leaving today.  Funny how things work.  Needless, to say the mission for our trips are vastly different.  I'm going to experience a new culture and to serve in some way those who are so much less fortunate.  I'm sure her trip involved beaches and umbrella clad frozen drinks.  At one point in my life I was much more likely to grab a glass than a Bible or hammer to help those in need.  As I said...I never would have imagined.

I'm anxious for this experience...not a nervous anxiousness, but an excitement.  I've seen pictures of the community we are going to serve, and it's safe to say the point will be driven home once I arrive.  I live a privledged life.  I'm not wealthy by American standards, but where I am headed, I would be wealthy indeed.

My laptop battery is losing steam, so I'll post later.

Love ya all & God Bless

Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment